Friday, March 8, 2013

The Brand Gap

 (I first saw this book in class)The Brand Gap is a book by Marty Neumeier. This book is about brand-building. This book cover is made out of all text. There are some problems with this design though. When I read it I read it as "The" "Bra" "ND" "Gap." The designer should not have separated the word brand between the a and the n because it reads as bra. The thing that really bugs me is that the n is flush with the p, but the a is not flush with the other a. That cliffs throws the design off. It would look much better if they made the a flush with the other a. The "How to Bridge..." section is supposed to be falling in the gap, which is a cool idea, but it doesn't work. If I was to drag those words through the gap it would not fit. I think they should adjust the words to make it fit in the negative space (gap) and move them down a little, so it looks like they are falling down the gap. I do like how Marty Neumeier in "A White Board Overview By Marty Neumeier" is black and the rest is white. This is a decent example of a book cover made out of type, but it needs some adjustments. I am currently designing a book cover and it has to be made out of all type.  

No comments:

Post a Comment