Monday, March 18, 2013

Industry


Industry is a book by Tom Dixon. I really like this book cover. I like the play on words. I love that the "I" is being picked up by the crane. It gives the word and crane movement. I can imagine the sounds of the crane picking up that letter. Usually center doesn't work on designs, but I think it works in this case. The cover might be more interesting if the crane was off to the right and the word was more to the left, so it would get off center. I like the light blue background because it reminds me of the sky. I think the red crane works well because it's the only red on the cover and it draws your eyes straight to the crane. It's hard to find the back of books. This is a simple back with the synopsis on it. I like books with the synopsis on it, so I can find out more information about the book. I like the white text. I think it goes really well with the light blue. Overall, I think this is a well-design book cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment