Monday, March 11, 2013

Goodbye Sister Disco

 I have to design a book made out of all text, so I am researching book covers that are mainly made out of text. Goodbye Sister Disco is a novel by James Patrick Hunt. The title is big and bold on this cover. Even without the picture of the car the title says a lot. It seems like this is a scary and/or crime scene action book. I like how the word "Goodbye" is sideways next to the other words in the title. I also like how everything is lined up. They adjusted the tracking in "Sister Disco," so the words would line up. They also adjusted the tracking and leading on "Goodbye." I like how the words have black smears on it. It gives it a rough, dirty, and old feeling. It makes me think of a crime scene. I also think it's a good idea that the title is in white and the author is in blue. Even though the designer used the same font they made in varied by using different colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment