Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Taxi

 I first saw this book cover in class. This is a good example of typography. I really like this book cover. It looks like the word Taxi is a sign that is lit up. I think that bright variations of blues was a good idea for the sign. When I think of taxis I think of yellow. I'm surprised that this sign isn't in yellow, but maybe this book isn't about the car taxi. I think the background was a good choice too. It looks like it's in a dark alley or behind a bar. I just noticed that there is a faint wet road below the author's name. Having this book cover set at night time gives it a different feel than it would if it was set at day time. I like how the title takes up most of the page. I also like that the letters in the title goes a slightly different way and that they aren't all straight. I think this is a very well-designed book cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment