Friday, May 3, 2013

Amazon logo



I think amazon has a very clever logo. Either someone told me or I read it somewhere that the amazon logo is smiling. I never noticed that before until a couple of years ago. They used a basic font like arial. A lot of logos use all caps or a capital letter for the first letter and then lowercase for the rest. This is one of the few logos that I know of that uses all lowercase letters. It's very clever where they put the "simile" at too. They put a curved arrow that goes from "a" to "z." I think one of their slogans was "everything from a to z," which means that people can buy anything from a to z on their website. I like how they curved the bottom of the "z" to make it look like a dimple or make it look like it's smiling. I like that the arrow is a yellow orange color. If the arrow was black it would not have stood out as much. This is a simple logo, but extremely effective. This might be a simple logo, but it probably took awhile to come up with. Usually simple, but strong logos will stay with people longer than a complex logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment