Monday, February 25, 2013

Steve Jobs Portrait-Dylan Roscover


This is a potrait of Steve Jobs designed by Dylan Roscover. Dylan has also designed a portrait of President Obama and many other people and products. Dylan went to Full Sail's University for the Digitial Arts & Design Bachelor's Degree Program. He used text from the famous "Here's to the crazy one's" ad campaign in the 90s. He used a variety of Apple-related fonts:  Motter Tektura, Apple Garamond, Myriad, Univers, Gill Sans, and Volkswagen AG Rounded. This is absolutely amazing. I have made people/faces out of type before, but nothing as good as this. One of the reasons he got it to actually look like a face is because he rounded the type where it needed to be like on the cheeks and forehead. Some of the type is more straight like on the lip and the beard. He also made some of the text small and some of the text big. This is an example of visual hierarchy. The first few words I see are "crazy ones" and then when I look more I see the whole phrase "Here's to the crazy ones." I also see the words misfits, troublemakers, human, Steve Paul Jones, and the square holes. I didn't noticed it at first, but they is a low opacity Mac logo in the background. I also like the color scheme of this piece. It's like a blue, gray, and white color scheme. I am currently designing a flyer for my typography class and I have to use 90% type to design my flyer.    

No comments:

Post a Comment