Thursday, February 14, 2013

Zaum & Brown Flyer

This is a flyer designed by Zaum & Brown. This is the business name for the freelance designer Richard Brown. Brown is the main point of contact, but the company is actaully formed over 20 professional freelance creatives around the world. They sell "websites, myspace page, and graphic design solutions to struggling musicians, artists, writers, actors, film makers, and charities from all cultural backgrounds across the world" (from their official website). They are located in Norwich, Norfolk in the UK.    
http://creattica.com/css/zaum-brown/21854
This is their promotional flyer that they designed and it's is sized to fit into a CD jewel case. Most flyers are the size of 8.5 x 11 inches or a little bitter larger. There flyer is already different because of the small size. I like that someone designed a flyer the size of a CD case. The good thing about handing this flyer out is that in can fit in people's pockets and purses. The bad thing about a small sized flyer is that it can get lost more than a regular flyer. 
I like the typography design on this flyer. It makes my eyes move around the page.They put a lot of information on this small space and I think it works well. It definitely has a visual hierarchy. My eyes first look at the words CD, MYSPACE, and DESIGN. Then I see the other information in smaller font.  I like their use of angles. I might use angles in my flyer that I am designing for my typography class. I like that they repeated the white type part and put it in the background as a black glossy font. I like their use of repetition. I need to think about using the same font, but using different variation of the front like they did.    

No comments:

Post a Comment