Friday, February 8, 2013

Typography Headphones

 I really like typography, especially when people create images out of words. I have created people, logos, and other things out of just words and they turned out really good. These headphones are made completely out of words by making the words different sizes, boldness, and shapes. I am in a typography class now and my first project is to design a music festival flyer by only using type. I can have a colored or textured background, but no pictures. I am thinking about creating something like this in my flyer. I have sketched a DJ stand, a soundboard, and music waves all out of type. I'm not sure if I will use them for the flyer, but it gives me some ideas. I know these headphones made out of words is simple and probably easy to create in illustrator, but I really like it. I think creating images (people, objects, animals, logos, etc.) out of words is really creative. People can still tell that this is a image of headphones even though it is made completley out of words. I think this piece flows well. I also like how this piece has visual hierarchy. When I first look at it I noticed that it's headphones, then I noticed that it's made out of words, then I noticed the words 'music', 'sound', and 'band', and then finally I noticed the other words and the cord attached to the headphones. I also like this piece because sometimes simple and clean is better. Not everything has to be complex all the time (which I tend to think the graphic design projects always have to be complex).

No comments:

Post a Comment