Thursday, February 14, 2013

Movement Electronic Music Festival Poster/Image

This is the 2010 Movement Electronic Music Festival in Detroit. It is 3 days of electronic music, 4 stages,  and about 100 artists. I really like this poster/image. I love the background. It looks like it is exploding and I think it fits well with the electronic music festival. I really like the blue and green colors. They didn't use more than 3 colors, which is something I have to keep in mind when I'm designing my flyer. I think the type words work well being angled because centered is too boring. This has visual hierarchy because my eye goes to the word MOVEMENT first and then to the rest of the piece. This piece looks like it has 3 different fonts, which is the limit for designing something like this. I am designing a electronic music festival flyer right now (Kinetik) and it has to be designed with type with little design in the background (like no pictures). On my flyer I have to include the band names, the title, dates, address, and websites. I am inspired by this piece, but I have to add a lot more information on my flyer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment